Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cussing Objects


"Cuss" graffitti from Fantastic Mr. Fox,
ineptly highlighted by me.

2010 has made me think that the Y2K bug did indeed hit -- just a decade too late. In the past couple weeks computers have rebelled, devices have failed. Even Fire, The Lever, and The Wheel have forsaken me. Perhaps I'm reliving this Woody Allen monologue.

I couldn't make a proper "Best of" list of movies for 2009. But before we slip into February and the endeavor becomes even more ridiculous, I thought I'd record a few that made an impression:
  • A Serious Man: God is Great-- a great big pain in the ass.
  • Hunger: Well modulated misery.
  • An Education: I feel pretty ... unsophisticated.
  • The Hurt Locker: War pros.
  • Inglorious Basterds: Movies killed the Nazis.
  • Up: Elegiac and giddy.
  • In the Loop: Mustelidocracy
  • Fantastic Mr. Fox: Wes didn't screw it up, for once.
  • Goodbye Solo: Drama is not dead.
Things should pick up around here. If my devices have ceased failing.

No comments:

Web Analytics